Due to the recent rise in COVID-19 cases, we want to assure you that Rightsize Moving Solutions is putting the safety of our Team Members and Customers first by following all the best practices and guidelines for sanitation, cleanliness and precautions as we continue to be the moving company you can depend on.
Rightsize Moving Solutions is considered an “essential service” and plan to be here to help you with your transition in any way we can! Keep in mind guidelines and state rules are changing rapidly. Please check with official government websites for up-to-date information (all information herein as of the date of this post).
Yes, moving during the COVID-19 epidemic is safe if you follow recommended guidelines on social distancing, hand washing, and other practices. The American Moving & Storage Association has made recommendations for both movers and consumers to make moving during coronavirus as safe as possible.
While moving can be completely safe and essential during the pandemic, the AMSA encourages some consumers to postpone their move if possible. “Your health and the health of your family is important,” the AMSA said in its coronavirus guidelines. “If you are in a vulnerable group, over 60 or have a compromised immune system, schedule your move after the pandemic is over if it is at all possible.”
Keep in mind movers are considered low risk for the transmission of coronavirus. Moving crews typically only help one or two customers per day and can maintain social distancing during the move.
We are Proactively Implementing the Following Procedures Beginning Monday March 16th, 2020:
- VIRTUAL VIDEO SURVEYS: All prospective customers will be offered an alternative to the traditional on-site pre-move survey. We will work with you to do Facetime/video tours of your home or office. This will minimize face-to-face contact time and sill allow our Moving Consultants to provide accurate move estimates.
- PRE-MOVE CUSTOMER WELLNESS CHECK: Our Scheduling Team will contact customers in advance of the arrival of our move team to inquire if customers feel ill or suspect that they have had contact with an infected person. We will have a form for all customers to sign upon our arrival regarding this information.
- CANCELLATIONS: Move services can be cancelled or postponed mitigating risk and ensure safety of all team members and customers.
- PRE–MOVE TEAM MEMBER WELLNESS CHECK: We have posted signs and symptoms of COVID-19 throughout our offices to better inform and provide awareness to our team members. Any team member who feels uncomfortable coming into the office, feels ill, or suspects that they may have had contact with an infected person should not come into the office and should notify the scheduling team as soon as possible. All team members upon arriving to our office will have had cleaning supplies readily available.
- INCREASE CLEANING: We are refocusing and increasing cleaning duties at our office and in the interior cab of our moving trucks. All moving trucks and offices will be equipped with disinfectant wipes or spray. We are focusing our increased cleaning on frequently touched surfaces using an antimicrobial disinfectant on the DPA list of COVID-19 fighting products. Some examples surfaces cleaned include door handles, steering wheels, dolly handles, spray down moving blankets, phones, work surfaces, bathrooms and common areas.
- STAGGERED SHIFT START TIMES: shift start times will be spaced and staggered for our team members to reduce gathering of multiple team members at our office at the same time. Team members that arrive for their shirt will be encouraged to get their needed move information for the day and head out to their designated move.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Upon arrival to our customers’ homes or offices, team members will be practicing the 6’ social distancing between team members and customers. We have always valued the professionalism and respect that came with a good introductory handshake, however, under this COI-19 period, we ask that our customers understand for safety purposes, there will be no handshaking or touching.
- MASKS & FACE COVERINGS: Masks (or face coverings) will be worn in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
- OPEN DOORWAYS AND WINDOWS WHEN AVAILABLE: In residential move settings, when available, we will ask our customers to open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation.
- PETS: We ask that all pets be removed or secluded in an area of the home before movers arrive.
Thank you in advance for your understanding to this situation. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.